Monday, 24 September 2007

What's different over here? Part 1

How is life in the UK different to life in Canada?

This question is something I'll try to make related posts to on a regular basis, starting with this one. But there are so many places to start..

I think I'll start by spilling the beans. Those would be baked beans. They are good to have anywhere, with almost anything. When you go to KFC, "would you like chips or baked beans with that?" I'm serious!

The first month I was here (over a year ago!), I stayed at a Bed & Breakfast establishment. The breakfast in the morning was an egg, an oozing with grease lump of fried potato (I think it was supposed to be a hash brown), steamed mushrooms, a slice of back bacon, a link of sausage, baked beans and toast, with an orange juice on the side.

So, what's different over here? They really like baked beans.

The Big Mr.

2 comments:

VaQueenBee said...

Our KFC in Virginia serves baked beans too. But what kind of "chips" are you talking about? Ours serves mashed potatoes with gravy, baked beans and cole slaw.

Never heard of eating baked beans with breakfast! Hmmmm...very interesting.

Our most common meal in which to have baked beans is a summer cookout with hamburgers.

Perri said...

I'm with
teresa - never heard of them for anything but lunch or dinner.