Friday, 19 March 2010

baby chicks are here!

These cute little fluffies won't stay this way for long...


Soon they will be big, fat, white birds ready to put on the table!

There are 6 chicks, but some of them were under the electric hen (the heater to keep them warm).  And the adventurous one on top of the electric hen - he jumped up there himself!!!

3 comments:

Gran said...

careful the kids don't handle them too much or they will die from the attention.

Anonymous said...

Aw man! How can you even think about eating them! They're so cute!
;o)

VaQueenBee said...

I've never heard of an electric hen before! I searched and apparently they don't sell them here in the states. We'll be using a heat lamp instead.

And I'm with Lynn...how can you eat them?!!! LOL My husband wants to eat ours once they stop producing eggs, but the kids and I are against it. :)