
Can you see anything yet?? Look closely!!

Now that the mama left for a minute, we can get a closer look!


We found this little treasure on Saturday, just before we left for the beach! I decided I really should water the potatoes as the heat is just scorching right now. I got a big bucket and dumped it onto the backside of the potato plants, as the leaves were all drooped over. Suddenly I saw a robin sitting in the front of the barrel! How strange, I thought. I left to go get another bucket of water. And while I was gone, Mariel peeked at the potatoes. She came running to me shouting -there's a nest! There's a nest! We went back and sure enough there was a nest! And mother robin was sitting on the fence looking at us nervously. In the nest were 3 newly-hatched babies and 1 egg, stiil unhatched.
On Sunday, I went to check and see if the potato leaves had perked up a bit to provide them shade, and I found that the other egg had hatched and there were now 4 little babies in there.
2 comments:
Horray!!! You are growing baby birds!!! How precious..Don't overwater them potatoes!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Joyce
Aw, that's precious! :)
Post a Comment