Monday, 15 October 2007

Great Skirt Re-make pt 2

Here are some more skirts which I have made over. Some of them needed less alteration than others.

This first one is for Little Miss. It was a girls size 8-9. I took out the elastic, cut it, re-sewed it tighter and VOILA! new skirt, size 6-7!



This next one is for Little Miss' friend "J". It was a ladies size 14, now a ladies size 4 (or girls size 10-12). I opened the side seam and cut off several inches of width, adjusted the elastic size and sewed back together.



This purple one turned out to be a girls size 13 when I got it home... so I didn't have to do much to it. I just put a couple of "tucks" in the back and it should fit "J" just fine. The length seems a bit long though! Hopefully it is not too long for her.



This last one was a ladies size small. Once I measured the waist on it, I realised it was only an inch or so too big. I just moved the button (in the back) over an inch and now it should be just the right size - ladies extra-small! :D

No comments: